Popular Posts

Monday, August 10, 2015

6 of Today's Popular Books to Read in a Lifetime

My reading list is always growing. Everyday I see a new book that I would like to read either in a store or online somewhere. I figured I would help your reading list grow even more! I found 6 of today's most popular books that are definitely worth reading in your lifetime. 

#1 Room by Emma Donoghue
A new movie based on this title by Emma Donoghue will be released September 13th of this year so what better time to read the book? Room follows the life of five-year-old Jack who lives in a room with his Ma. He knows no different, but Ma knows this will never be enough for her or her son. She has been here for seven years thanks to Old Nick. Her plan is to get out. Soon. 

#2 Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple


Where'd You Go, Bernadette is a fantastic adventure by Maria Semple. When Bee's mother, Bernadette, goes missing to get away from the life in the city, Bee begins searching. She puts together emails and several correspondences in order to create a novel that shows the roles of a mother and daughter in a strange world. 

#3 Life of Pi by Yann Martel


Pi Patel, the son of zookeepers, finds himself on a ship from India to North America with his parents and several zoo animals that will eventually be re-homed. When the ship sinks, Pi is left with just a few animals including a Bengal tiger, Richard Parker. After all the other animals are gone, Pi's knowledge keeps him alive on a small raft boat with the large tiger. When they finally reach land at the coast of Mexico and Richard Parker takes off into the jungle, authorities question Pi and he is forced to create a new story, true or not.

#4 I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou


Maya Angelou was a fantastic person and writer. This is a title that has been on my list for a very long time. She was so wise and I feel as though any of her work would be a great addition to anyone's reading life. 

 #5 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James


Now, I know that a lot of people are going to see this and think "what would be the point of that? What is there to learn?" Well, I suggest reading this book simply to form your own opinion about it. I'm sure that if you have not read this title by now, there is probably a reason. If it's just because you have heard bad things about it, pick it up and read it for yourself. Whether you like it or love it, you will have your own honest opinion.

#6 The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold


Weirdly enough, I have never read this book nor have I seen the movie, but I have had a dream that is very similar to this book. Susie Salmon is adjusting to her new life in Heaven, but she is starting to realize that it is not what she expected. She is still on Earth and watching life move on without her. She is forced to watch her killer clean up his trail and watch her family mend after her death. This is a must read in a lifetime. 

I hope I was able to give you some titles that you have not read as well as titles that you would love to read. This has just made my reading list six books longer. Do you have more books to add to this list? Post them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment