Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

What's New Wednesday: Best Boy by Eli Gottlieb

Seeing as I recently mentioned that I have been reading a lot of main stream books, I decided to dig a little deeper for this weeks What's New Wednesday. In that case the book of the week is Best Boy by Eli Gottlieb. 



Best Boy is the story of Todd Aaron, a 50-year-old autistic man who was sent to live at a therapeutic hospital at the age of eleven. Being an old dog at Payton Living Center, he knows almost everyone there. When he isn't reading the encyclopedia compulsively, he is speaking with the new resident, Martine, who eventually convinces him to quit taking his meds in order to feel "normal" again. Once everything begins wearing off, he plans an escape from the center in order to return back to his younger brother in search of a childhood that is only present in his dreams. 

This book is something that I have never read to date and it definitely sounds like something I would most likely enjoy. I'll be heading to Amazon to purchase my copy of Best Boy on August 24th. Currently, readers are able to purchase a Kindle version of the book for $9.99 and the hardcover will be available on the 24th. 

Will you be reading this title anytime soon? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment