Popular Posts

Friday, August 14, 2015

What's New on the To-Read Shelf?

It's been a couple weeks since I have posted about what's new on my to-read shelf. Mainly because I have been trying to whittle down the amount of books that I have to read so I was avoiding purchasing any more. Don't get me wrong though, I looked at the book section every time I walked into a store that had books. I have an addiction. I would say that I need help, but I like this addiction!

I believe for this week, I only have a couple new titles. There's so many, I lose track! This week I have added Grey by E.L. James and There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos. Two totally different books. I am sure that most of my readers have heard of Grey since it has had a lot of buzz, but There Will Come a Time may not be as popular.

Grey by E.L. James


If you have not already read the 50 Shades trilogy, this is probably not the book for you. This book is told in the eyes of Christian Grey instead of Anastasia Steele. I find this to be an interesting twist mainly because everyone is hating on the original story because he is abusive or hateful or whatever, but this gives the readers the chance to see what is really going through his mind and see his side of the story as well. I am pretty excited to see what this book has in store.

There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos


This title follows Mark who has just lost his twin sister in an accident and is now reflecting on life and how things were. After reading her journal he realizes that he didn't know her as well as he thought he did, even though he thought he knew her as well as he knew himself. When all hope seems lost, his sister's friend Hanna convinces him to finish her bucket list in order to honor her and help cope with the pain. 

I am excited about this book for more than one reason. I don't recall reading any other book that has a similar story line and I am big into bucket lists. I have quite a large one of my own. This will definitely be a book I will be reading soon. 

So, everyone, tell me what's on your to-read shelf! I would love to hear some titles that I could add as well. Leave your comments in the section below :) Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment