Popular Posts

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes Been Bookin'? Book Review

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes was one of those popular books that I would never have seen myself reading simply because of the cover. (Yes I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I'm sorry.) I was wandering around one of my favorite bookstores in Denver, The Tattered Cover, and happened to notice it sitting on a shelf. I walked over, picked it up, and actually read the synopsis. Shocking! I fell in love immediately, bought it, and HAD to read it. Here is the Been Bookin'? book review of Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.


Louisa Clark is a simply girl. Her life is nothing extraordinary and she is perfectly okay with that. She loves her family, her job, and her boyfriend. She see's no need in changing her life at this point when she is perfectly happy with the way it has turned out. That was until she was let go from her job and was forced to find a new one, leading her to become a caretaker for a quadriplegic, Will Traynor.

Will led a fantastic life. Skydiving, traveling, and doing all that he loved. That was until he was involved in a motorbike accident, rendering him a quadriplegic. His will to live was greatly diminished and this was where Louisa came in. She was hired to help Will become happy again. In fact, his life depended on it.

This was a great love story that left me laughing, crying, cheering and so much more. I loved every moment within the story and was left empty after finishing it. The relationship between Will and Louisa developed so perfectly from the beginning to the end. Although I wanted to throw the book across the room when I was done, it is definitely one of my favorites of the year. I can't wait to see the movie, which, by the way, is coming out in June of this year!

Overall I give this title five notes!

5 NOTE RATING

Hookability: 5 notes 
Story: 5 notes
Writing Style: 5 notes
Overall: 5 notes

Have you read Me Before You? Let me know in the comments below. If you have read it, I would love to hear what you thought of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment