Popular Posts

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Soapbox-Momster: Cyber Stalker of the Abyss by Don A. Holbrook Been Bookin'? Book Review


I was provided a free copy of Soapbox-Momster: Cyber Stalker of the Abyss from the author. After reading the story I had a few concerns. This book follows a cyber stalker who is out to get revenge on all the people she assumes cons people out of money for their own gain. It eventually turns on her and she ends up being the one who is stalked. 

Although the story is decent, there are several grammatical errors that, for me, were hard to overlook. Not only were there plenty of grammatical errors, but there were errors in the storyline as well. For example, in a certain chapter, Holbrook is speaking about a family which has the father, mother, and to start with, an 18 year-old daughter and a 10 year-old son. By the end of the chapter, the family has turned into the father, mother, and two daughters. As simple as that may be, it is very important to keep those facts straight. 


It was also a bit confusing considering that the author jumped around in the story A LOT. One minute he would be talking from one characters point of view and the next minute it would be in another characters point of view. Had he made some indication that he was moving from one character to another, it may have worked better, but this was from one paragraph to another, causing a jumping effect from the heads of the characters. I was also confused about the major jumps in years. Throughout the entire book, he would jump forward 6 years or so and I felt like I was missing out on so much information. 


On the other hand, the story was decent, as mentioned before, and the obvious research Holbrook has done was fantastic. The reader could obviously tell that when technical things were being discussed, Holbrook knew what he was talking about. It is always good to read a book where the author actually knows what he/she wants to say and has a background to say it correctly.



Overall, I rate this book with 2 notes!



2 NOTE RATING

Hookability: I'm kind of unsure what to rate this seeing as I read this in one day...obviously there was a part of me that wanted to keep reading, but I can't really say that's because it was so good I was hooked...
Story: 3 notes
Writing Style: 1 note
Overall: 2 notes


No comments:

Post a Comment