Popular Posts

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Last Call by Staci Hart Been Bookin'? Book Review

ARC provided by author. 

Here it is. Last Call. The book everyone has been waiting for…Unfortunately, it’s not what I was expecting. 



Rose and Patrick were once a couple. A good one at that, but when Patrick ended their relationship for unknown reasons and then brought another girl to the groups hangout, Habits, that same night, Rose was officially done. Or so she thought. Both parties still had feelings for each other, but of course, they were keeping themselves from each other. Neither one of them wanted to get hurt again. Told from both Patrick and Rose, the reader gets to see what is going on in their heads and how they eventually form a relationship again, but will it be good enough this time?

Since I read With a Twist and Chaser, I fell in love with the series. Those two books were absolutely fantastic and throughout both books, I was waiting to hear from Patrick and Rose. Now that Last Call is telling their point of view, I am somewhat disappointed. 

There were many instances where I felt as though the drama that was produced within their world was a bit forced. It was almost like they really did not have a reason to be upset, but felt like they had to be so they forced it. I was also not impressed by the relationship between Patrick and Rose like I thought I would be. 

The writing style is still great and I do believe that Staci is a great writer, I just don’t feel like this is her best work. The story line could have been much better. Everyone was built up for this book and I personally feel like I was let down. Don’t get me wrong, the book was still good, just not exactly what I was hoping for. 

P.S. I almost want to hear Max and Ellie’s point of view now. Get to writing Staci! haha

Overall, I rate this book with 3 notes!

3 NOTE RATING

Hookability: 3.5 notes
Writing Style: 4 notes
Story: 3 notes
Overall: 3 notes



No comments:

Post a Comment